Caltechgirl has a blog called Not Exactly Rocket Science, which I've been reading for years. We've known of each other's blogs and commented back and forth (not withstanding the blog droughts I go through from time to time) since back in my aussiewife days. Caltechgirl gave me encouraging support the time I found a lump, which meant a lot to me (obviously as I still remember it 3 years on).
Anyways, today she has tagged me for the following:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Tell 7 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.
Here goes the randomness ...
1. I don't know why but it annoys the living crap out of me when people comment on me being left handed, as in "Oh, you are left handed?" It's not like I am right handed, but I am just writing with the other hand to give myself a challenge lol. Or another favourite, "I didn't know you were left handed!" Am I supposed to send out a memo making an announcement? It's not that unusual people!
2. My blood type is O negative which means I am a universal donor. Which means I can give to everyone, but can only receive blood from other O neg people. However, I don't give blood because the last time I did I almost passed out, and I'm a big sooky la la. Yes, I know, I should give blood, I have to suck up my courage and go back.
3. I don't have Panic Attack Disorder, which I thought I did. Apparently the official guidelines for it state that I wouldn't be able to work or socialise, both of which I do. So that's nice. While I don't have the actual disorder, I do have an over active anxiety response thing going on, which means I am susceptible to panic attacks, something I am working on with my psychologist.
4. I get very attached to characters in shows I love. I'm still pissed that Josh Whedon killed off Wash in Serenity and that we'll never know the whole back story for Shepherd Book. And that there is only one season of Firefly ... grrrr .. And if you don't know what I am talking about, check out the series Firefly, and the movie Serenity .. best .. series .. ever! Mind you, now that I have told you that Wash gets killed off, that might have spoiled it a touch for you ...
5. I'm going to see John Mellencamp and Sheryl Crow in concert on Friday night, with my husband. First time seeing either of them, looking forward to it. There may be massive crowds in the area though, as I've just found out there is an Andre Rieu concert in the stadium next door to where we are going, on the same night. That smug smile of his tends to do my head in, smug bastard with his expensive castle.
6. We're planning to get in the Christmas mood this weekend. Plans are to put the tree up and decorate, get off our butts and write and send out cards for a change, and do some Christmas shopping. Add to that a spin class on Saturday morning, followed by morning tea with some of the girls from work, and I've got a fairly full weekend coming up. Must find some time to relax somewhere in there.
7. This song has set up camp in my head and refuses to leave. Just the chorus mind you, so shake shake, shake, shake, shake it is on a loop. I do spin twice a week at the gym, and the instructor plays this song each time. For the next few days it sticks. Had a quiet word with the instructor last night to plead her not to play it anymore, so hopefully this song will go bye byes sometime soon.
And now to pass on the tagging love ... to Helen, Bou, Beth, Melody, Harvey, Snoozen (please come out of blog retirement), and Shauna.