Thursday, March 6, 2008

Some fine dining to go with the culture

Before going to the play on Saturday night, B and I went to dinner at 'Guillaume at Bennelong'. Yes, it is as fancy schmancy as the name sounds, big time restaurant that has won many awards.

B and I had been wanting to go for ages, and this was the perfect opportunity. Saturday was an anniversary for us, we'd been together for 16 years!

B and I both think it was good, but not a place we'd absolutely rave about. The waiters were pretty snooty, they seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of there.

The food was nice though, for entree I had blue swimmer crab on a bed of avocado with cucumber, coriander and capsicum coulis, and for main barramundi with Kipfler potatoes, capers, olives, lemon and extra virgin olive oil. I like capers, but this had what looked like 2 cups worth, so most of those stayed on the plate.

B had for entree atlantic salmon cold smoked in house served with crème fraîche and toasted brioche (yes, I am copying and pasting from the menu) and for main fresh ink spaghetti tossed with blue swimmer crab, tomato and coriander.

The place was full, and we had a spectacular view of the harbour and the bridge.

For a rating, I'd give it 3 out of 5 for the food, 2 out of 5 for the service, and 5 out of 5 for location.

And I give B 5 out of 5 for taking me out for a romantic dinner at a swish restaurant! :)

1 comment:

Snoozen said...

Happy 16 Year Anniversary same amount of years as us.

Sounds like you had a lovely night and one must remember on these occasions that the waiters are actually working for you! Without you they would not have a job. Food sounds yum.