Monday, June 1, 2009

Not so bad

So I was able to get an appointment at the physio this morning, not the guy I wanted to see, but one of his colleagues. She was very nice.

Turns out I dislocated my kneecap, and have a slight tear in my calf muscle. Apparently if I was going to do something to my knee this is one of the better things to have happened, I should be back up and training in a few weeks.

So that's good. I'm relieved that it wasn't something worse, but I still feel really down, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's just been a stressful couple of days and it takes a while to get over that. I'm very tired, and just want to crawl under a doona and shut out the world. Luckily I have tomorrow off from work (still have a lot of swelling around the knee, need to bring that down with ice, Voltaren, rest, elevation, and a compression bandage). So a quiet day for me tomorrow, after which hopefully my mood will have picked up.

No comments: