Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bits and pieces

I’ve had a lot on my plate lately, which is why the blogging has yet again kinda sputtered to a halt. Sometimes there is so much going on in my head that it is difficult to make coherent sense out of it, coherent enough to write anyway.

But, here is some of what is happening in my world:

Shannon, of Everyday Stranger fame has had her 6 year blogging anniversary. I’ve been a regular reader for about 5 of those 6 years, and I am consistently blown away by the quality of her writing. She is an amazing woman, and it has been an honour to get to know here through her writing. She has a way of expressing her emotions that is so brutally honest that it takes my breath away. One day I hope to meet her and buy her a drink.

The personal training course is going well. We’re being given a lot of information in a short space of time, so it’s been a little stressful, but I’m enjoying it a lot. The class I’m in is a good group of people; we all want to get as much out of it as possible. We had our first assessment on Sunday, I find out tonight how I went. I’m quietly confident, but we’ll see.

My knee is improving, slowly but surely. The physio sessions have been good, they have been able to provide me with an ‘interesting’ level of pain, which I expected. Tight muscles are a bitch to loosen up, so they have to get their knuckles/elbows/forearms etc into them. And yes, that does hurt like hell. But I don’t mind, whatever it takes to get me back up and running, I’m willing to have happen.

Friendships – ah, this has been doing my head in. I’ve never been particularly good at friendships, with women in particular. I struggle with knowing what is too much to expect out of a friendship, how much time I should spend with people, how much to share, how much to let them in. This was hammered home to me in no uncertain terms by someone in my life who I thought was a very good, close friend. I won’t go into too much detail, but we met up for lunch last week, and by the end of it I was left hurt and shaking. I have pressured her too much, expected too much, and had the temerity to disagree with her on things which she felt I had no right to disagree. She also felt hurt, so I ended up apologising completely, taking the full blame for the situation. She assures me the friendship is not damaged, that she still considers me a dear friend, but time will tell.

No comments: