Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

Beth put up a Christmas Q & A and invited others to join in. So, I thought why not, I'm a sucker for a meme.

Rules are pretty simple:

Just copy and paste into a new post..Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

I think I can handle that :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, we got sick of sweeping up pine needles

3. When do you put up the tree? No set time, but beginning-ish of December usually, not that we have yet this year. We plan to any time now though.

4. When do you take the tree down? Ah, I think it made it to some time in February this year.

5. Do you like eggnog? Made it once, found it very strongly alcoholic, no one else had any, so I didn't make it again lol. Eggnog isn't something you see in Aus really, not part of the tradition.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I still remember waking up one Christmas at some insanely early time of the day to find a bike in my room, I was very excited.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My personal trainer, what do you buy a personal trainer, who has also become a good friend? (although not such a good friend that I know what to buy them for Christmas!)

8. Easiest person to buy for? Husband, except when he decides to buy himself an early Christmas present that just happens to be the same as I had bought for him already!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, not me, not religious at all

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Last year we didn't get around to it, but we have been known to mail out Christmas cards

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm still not exactly sure what it is. It was something you hang on a wall which had knobs on it, but the knobs were too big to put key rings on, and too close together to hang coats on ...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Picked up a couple of presents a few months ago, when Borders had a sale on, majority of presents I haven't got yet though, must get to the shops!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope, I either like them too much, or wouldn't give them away.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham

16. Lights on the tree? Yep, for sure, preferably flashing lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We had plans to go up to the Gold Coast for Christmas, but they didn't work out, so home for us.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Nope, Rudolf, Prancer, Dancer, Vixen ...

20. Angel on the tree top or star? We've tried for a star, but it keeps wanting to fall off

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Husband and I open one present at 12.01am to be exact if we can stay up that late, the rest when we wake up hopefully mid morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds in the shops.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have to have a theme or colour? We've got all sorts of different ornaments/colours, so they get chucked randomly on the tree. And yes, we do spell colour the English way. ;)

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Being Summer for Christmas, I grew up having a cold Christmas lunch, rather than hot. So ham, chicken, eggs, pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw, green salad, bread rolls, then fruit salad for dessert. Mum always makes trifle for dessert as well, but I prefer the fruit salad.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Same as I've wanted every Christmas since I was little, a horse! As I have lived and continue to live in suburbia, this is not likely to happen :)

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Gosh, out of my hundreds of readers *cough*, it's so hard to choose

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? People who don't read this blog :)

No comments: