Sunday, April 12, 2009

All or nothing

I'm an all or nothing kinda person. I recognise this is not the best thing, but the middle ground is a place I tend not to be.

I've just had the last week off. During that week, what I chose to eat and drink was not the best. Lots of bacon and eggs for breakfast, a couple of fish and chips meals, a pizza meal. There have been some healthy meals (yummy stir fry cooked by B last night), but not enough. I am capable of doing better, and I will endeavour to do so.

And the drinking ... oh dear. Way too much, too many days in a row.

Each week on a Monday morning I weigh myself, and take a waist measurement. It will be interesting to see what it is tomorrow. I am determined to get back on the straight and narrow. It will be done, I am capable of it for sure.

Instead of beating myself up about the past week, I am looking at what I can learn from it. I need to figure out what triggers me, and put into place better ways of dealing with it.

No comments: