Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life of a PT

Hard day today ... struggling physically and emotionally at the moment.

First client at 8am, last client at 8pm. 6 sessions spread throughout the day, plus follow up phone calls, and program writing.

2 of those clients weren't paid sessions and they won't be coming back for more sessions. How it works at my gym is that when a member joins up they get an option to buy 3 sessions with a PT for $80. The member's details goes to the PT manager and he assigns them to one of the PTs. The PT doesn't get paid for these sessions (the money goes to the gym), it is up to us to find out their goals, find out what they need, design and put them through the 3 sessions, then see if they'll continue on as paying clients.

The 2 I had today both said that the sessions had been really good, and I'd tailored them to their needs/goals, but they'd rather go it alone and see if they could achieve their goals without my help. That's the way the cookie crumbles. The good thing is they liked the sessions, so if down the track they are struggling and want help, they may well come to me.

A positive from today. I've got a client who I've been training for 3 weeks. She needs to lose a serious amount of weight and has tried various things in the past, including gastric band surgery. She is stressed to the max, due to family not being supportive, and each time she comes in she has a million things going through her head. However, she is trying really hard with changing her eating habits, and she told me today she feels so much better when she comes in and exercises, as it wipes her mind completely of her worries. She's already lost a couple of kilos. This is why I became a PT. I hope, in my small way, I can positively affect and help people, and make a difference in their lives, so they can become healthier and happier.

No comments: