So, what have I been up to, and how have I been?
Christmas - quite frankly went better than I expected. I was dreading it in a way, the idea of having everyone over was a bit daunting. But people chipped in, and it turned out to be quite a relaxed affair. People have told me since that they really enjoyed it, so I take that on board, and am quietly pleased.
Plus, B told me that a present I gave him was the absolute perfect present for him, he really loved it, so hooray! Win for me!
Things haven't been all good though. One day between Christmas and New Year I drank way way too much, had an argument about drinking way way too much, then drank some more. The next day was not a positive day after that, partly because I was so sick from the day before, partly because I knew I'd let myself and B down abominably. Lowest point right there.
So I've had to face the fact that only I can do something about this. Not that I expected anyone to do anything before, but I guess I thought it would magically make itself better. Nothing like sticking your head in the sand, right?
My New Years resolutions (in no particular order) are:
- Most days, alcohol free.
- Days I do have a drink, restrict to no more than 3 standard drinks.
- Exercise regularly, not just the one session a week with the trainer.
- Eat better, make sure fruit and veg are a major part of the diet, not just a side.
- Spend more time with friends and family.
- Be kind to myself.
- Reject negative thoughts, turn them into positive thoughts.
- Be adventurous.
- Be brave.